Sunday, July 7, 2013

Day 1- Varzesh??

hey, hey blog lovin friends- i'm moving on! technically I've MOVED on! 

 My original blog, Babe on a Bargain, was good and fun, BUT

a. my children never stood still in the outfits I had originally wanted to blog about

b. I don't necessarily aspire to be a 'babe'... 

c. I love me a bargain, but have some serious new shopping rules in place that have dramatically curtailed my shopping experiences, making it much harder to blog about good deals (not that I really had in the last.... oh let's just say 12 months, anyway!!! )

d.  it felt like it was time to start fresh.  

So here I am- Sweet Life Z.  
Why?
 Life is crazy.  good and bad. Where I thought this life would take me is NOT AT ALL where I've ended up- and because of all the highs and lows,  This Life... it takes some work,  thought, and conscious planning to make it what i want it to be, which is = sweet.  Sweet for my babies. Sweet for my hubs.  Sweet for me.  Sweet for my friends.  Sweet for those whom I can help... in whatever way that may be.  Sweet.  

I'm starting this blog off with a 30 day challenge- I find I am able to keep myself accountable when I DOCUMENT my goals and my progress towards them (ground breaking not at all,  i know, right??) 

Here's my plan
30 days of exercise- I have a computer FULL of complete, FREE workouts.  I have feet that work and a beautifully paved town of streets to walk.  I will exercise ever. single. day for the next 30 days, no matter what.   AND because I can't seem to just do one thing at a time....
30 days o' bloggin.  

Starting off with a BANG- when I take a bit of time to focus on myself I am a better momma, a  better wife, and a better friend.  When that time involves sweat and a little bit of creativity, I'm a MUCH better momma, wife, and friend!   

TODAY's details 
1.  Sweat-   30 minute hip hop dance workout- a great way to ease my way back into sweating.  Seemed a little slow at times, but I was working hard, burned 300 calories, and remembered that 'Hey!! I like exercising!! I can do it!' <--- pretty cool as I was feeling exceptionally unable to do a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g. active due to my ridiculously out of shape self.  

After I finished that, I decided I could do a little more and I found this ------>
 ' is a combination of yoga, zumba, aerobics, and cultural dance with  Persian music'  
25 ish minutes- 220 calories.  LOVED IT!!! made me miss Zumba and  seemed like a great  at home alternative since  our schedule is not conducive to attending class right now. I will definitely be looking up more of these videos this month! The instructor's got moves.  for real.  hips and arms and groove :-) 

 Total calories burned- 520- a great start to my 30 day challenge!

blurry sweaty photo #1!  


Here's to the next 30 days- you know I can't leave without some motivation from that delicious time suck that is Pinterest- 

this is how I was feeling

and because I believe the following 


We're off to the races to make this life what we want it to be 


make it sweet, friends. 

xo
a. z. 

No comments:

Post a Comment