Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Day 9- zuuuUUUUuuUUUUUUUmmmmmmmbaaaAAAAAAAAaaaaaaa and a Harness ?!?


Busy, Busy day!  I headed up to Rush University to take part in a Carrier study at RUSH University Medical center.  I completed balance, motor, muscle memory, gait, and vestibular testing.  Fun times :-) These studies... I will forever do them.  They stress me out like nobodies business.  It's that type A sneaking out.... Here I am, doing activities, that because of my genetic sequence, are designed to be difficult.... I won't be able to get every.single.thing. right.  They are designed to poke and prod at my weak areas.  clearly, I've not yet learned to let go of the fear of failing.  



Totally Glamorous, right???? 

anything at all that will help the medical community understand and treat Fragile X and it's related disorders!    


so that's what I'm doing.  I'm choosing to focus on why I'm doing this- my Abraham, my mom, my sweet friends and their amazing FX babies, my self.  


This.  the day before.... I start to rev up.  I start to let the stress and anger and grief of the diagnosis flow over into my stress regarding the upcoming appointment/study/blood draw/therapy.  I let it fill me with thoughts about all that is hard.  pthttthbbbthhhhhh. 

This challenge has helped me let go of that stress and anger by using !!!exercise!!!! to move on.  



Blurry, sweaty, tomato pictures!!! 
1. Sweat time 60 minutes, Calories burned: 648!! 


I'm  choosing to focus on the sweet.  the amazing.  the good.  












xo






No comments:

Post a Comment