Thursday, May 15, 2014

Holding space

I love to read Momastery- Glennon points us in the right direction, feel free to go get lost over there for a little while.  I can't remember the exact post that she spoke about 'holding space' -  sometimes when life is too hard, when we feel like we can't really show up- we simply ask those who love us to hold  space for us. to think of us and send us strength and love. We'll be back. Thank you for holding space for me.




So- I'm back to my blog, not on the beach as planned, but in a hospital. And that's ok.  Nothing life threatening, nothing that requires any more tears than were shed in that initial fear and worry.  My sweet family that is here, truly believes I should GO! pack my bag and  be at the beach... they say "are you just going to sit here today??" "do you want to take a break? go shopping?"  <---- they know my weakness ;-)  but I'm ok here- I'm ok simply to sit and to physically hold space with  her.  to be in this room and ask the doctors questions and surf pinterest , catch up on blogs i love and so on. to be present and at peace with where we are right now.



Not surprisingly, all of this has made me evaluate and  re-evaluate where I am in life, where I want to go, what I picture my life looking like in 1 year, 5 years, 20 years. Could someone find my bathrobe and comfy pants if they needed to pack my hospital bag?   Will I ever have a dining room table that's not covered in piles of folded laundry unless  I know   someone is coming over??






So- because I like these crazy challenges- i'm giving myself one.  
5 weeks before we leave for the beach.
30 days
30 days of exercise and blogging
anything else is just gravy. 





xo




1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! I LOVE those pictures of you and your sweet babies!

    I will always hold space for you!

    ReplyDelete